BEMF – Not Science Fiction!

Usually, if you breach the subject of bio-electromagnetic fields with the layperson, they will look at you as though you just sprouted horns. But, ask around, and do a little research and you will discover that curiously strong BEMFs are not at all uncommon. Dixie Carpetbagger just wrote a fun little bit about his experiences with his BEMF, and Breda wrote about her husband’s magnetic clumsiness back in February.

Now, I’m no scientist, nor a doctor, and I have not yet taken any curriculum from MIT. But, here’s the basic skinny, as far as I understand it: All living creatures have electrochemical and electromechanical processes that are integral to their living structures. No reaction in real life may achieve 100% efficiency, ergo there will always be waste energy. Energy nor matter can be created nor destroyed in a normal reaction. The human body puts out an enormous amount of energy in various forms.

So, when you are digesting that burrito, and your system is stripping it down into usable, energy-packed molecules, and your blood goes whizzing around your body, delivering burrito molecules and oxygen molecules to all the cells of your body, your cells convert burrito and oxygen into energy that they use for the purpose of repairing damaged parts, reproducing, producing heat, fueling their specified purpose (flexing, passing impulses, etc.). There is energy released in ways that science has not yet nailed down exactly. That’s no dis to science as much as it is a hat-tip to the complexity of the human body (and its Creator, if you will).

Whether waste energy, or purposed energy, our bodies do release electromagnetic energy as well. This is usually an extremely low-level field that most people are not at all sensitive to and that leaves little or no evidence of its existance, so most people are never aware of their BEMF or its effects on the world around them. Some people though, Like Breda’s husband, Dixie Carpetbagger, my son, or me, have wild fields that follow us around like ghostly shadows, wreaking havoc on electrical devices of various sorts!

Dixie Carpetbagger says:

Or, at a lower level, Force Demagnetize. I do something similar, but less powerful (I have a very high iron content in my blood, I’m essentially a big electromagnet.) I can’t wear a wristwatch and I have to shield all of my USB thumb drives when I put them in my shirt pockets. Never zapped my credit card, though.

I was compelled to respond:

LOL! Welcome to the fold! When I was a phlebotomist, I discoverd that my hematocrit is unusually high. Most people who have this much iron in their blood are ill from it, and have to force anemia upon themselves to avoid liver poisoning and the gout. For me, if my iron count gets too low, I start feeling sluggish and fuzzy-headed.

I’ve never been able to wear a quartz watch for more than about six weeks – and that’s pushing it! When I finally switched exclusively to mechanical watches, they started lasting. I’ve got a couple of automatic watches that I need to run through the de-magnetizer, as they aren’t keeping time at the moment. Certain high-magnetic field areas make me feel dizzy or queasy: elevators, hospitals, radio towers, etc.

Have you ever tried to focus the energies in any way shape or form? When I was a mechanic, some of the other techs liked to listen to the kind of twangy country music that just drives me insane! When I eventually got tired of it and couldn’t take any more, I would just zap the radio. They would unplug it and set it aside for a while and eventually they could get it to come back on. I’ve never been able to tune an analog dial on a radio if I was within a couple feet of the antenna, and well-tuned radios tend to fuzz when I get in their proximity.

Medical magnets make my skin and joints hurt, and often leave me feeling sapped of energy. I’ve been known to ‘focus’ and release muscle knots in people’s neck, back, or shoulders with my touch. When I worked in a Ford parts warehouse, I could walk down the aisle where we kept vehicle hoods, and tell which ones were steel and which were aluminum without looking at part numbers or touching any of the boxes.

So, anyway… now that I’ve hijacked your blog… try an automatic watch. I know they’re expensive, but they will last. If you stop them, they can be demagnetized. Beyond that, do some exercises and see if you can suppress or intensify your field. If nothing else, it makes for some great party tricks!

That about sums it up, but I realize that I’ve forgotten one more little detail… Something else odd that I’ve noticed is that my body conducts electricity far more easily than most. The same goes for my son. We were once at the local science museum, where they have an exhibit that shows you how many milli-ohms of resistance your body puts up. This exhibit is basically a sensitive ohm-meter mounted behind glass, connected to two stainless steel plates at waist level. You put your hands on the plates, and it reads the electrical resistance across your armspan.

I put my hands on the plates and the needle on the gauge pegged. I said aloud, “It looks like this thing is busted. That’s a shame.” My wife then put her hands on the plates, and the needle rose to about 1/3 of the scale and floated there. I tried it again, and the needle pegged once again. I told my son to try it, and the needle on the gauge pegged, just as it did for me.

So, I decided to try a little experiment. I held my son’s hand, and instructed him to place his other hand on the one contact plate while I put my free hand on the other. Even with our bodies in series, the gauge needle pegged, just as it did with either of us alone. So, we stepped it up a notch, and placed Jenni in series between us in the circuit. The needle predictably rose to about the third of its scale, as it had done when she tried the machine on her own.

Conclusion: My son’s body, and my body seem to put up little if any electrical resistance. I’ve said to him (half-jokingly) on multiple occasions after the fact that the two of us are more likely to be struck by lightning than other people, and we’re the most likely to survive the experience. We as a practice don’t stand under tall trees in thunderstorms just for good measure. It seems like everyone who experiences this anomalous condition notices it in slightly different ways. Clearly, its an odd little thing that many people have at least heard of, but I have not been able to find much in the way of actual research on the subject.

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/public/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399

6 thoughts on “BEMF – Not Science Fiction!

  1. Heh…if you get zapped by lightning, you won’t get fried from all the heat generate due to the electrical resistance of “normal” people. The lightning should pass right through you and into the ground lickety-split!

    When I used to donate blood, my hemoglobin level would always invariably come back above eighteen. I guess it’s because of the red meat I eat.

    I’ve never performed any party tricks, but I have been known to be able to take knots out of people with my touch too. I guess, in a way, I was focusing my energies into that spot. I might be the magnetic opposite of you though. Every electronic device I touch have never died on me. In fact, I could usually fix most electrical devices. And radio reception always seems to get better when I get closer to the radio.

  2. ONinNY, somehow none of that ‘shocks’ me. LOL! Jen has noticed electronics behaving better when in her care. We almost cancel each other out on such stuff. She still can’t wear a quartz watch for long, but it’s been since we’ve been together. Go fig. It just goes to show that God put us together as head-scratchingly fascinating individual creatures!

  3. Hmm, this is odd. I never looked into it, but I’ve never had a watch last longer than 6 months till I went to mechanicals. I’ve been wearing my present watch for 5 years now, every day.

    Also, I’ve never been able to tune an analog radio worth a damn- but friends tune them with no trouble at all.
    .-= JAFO´s last blog ..Welcome to the Blogroll… =-.

  4. My dad’s mother could not wear a wristwatch(straight mechanical back then); they died within a few days. She could wear one on a necklace or pinned to her shirt, but if it was in contact with her skin for long, it would die.

    • She had trouble with mechanicals? How strange is that! I have a couple of antique watch demagnetizers that I have had to run my automatics through at one time or another. I wonder if it’s connected…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *