After the full moon, when a werewolf turns back into a human, why do they have the same haircut as before?
My friend Tommy posted a link on Facebook to a NYT article with the same title as this post. Here, I will attempt to correct the errors there in.
1. When the modern man buys shoes for his spouse, she is present and can try them on herself. Why would he ever shop for her shoes without her?
2. The modern man does not lose confidence. Sometimes, when things are rough, he knows that it will get better.
3. The modern man watches movies that are loud enough that he doesn’t have to worry about crunching.
4. The modern man cooks his own steak to a perfect medium rare, whether over fire or in cast iron.
5. The modern man sometimes makes his own parking spot when an empty one is not available.
6. Before the modern man heads off to bed, he makes sure his kids’ electronic devices are not in their room so they’ll actually get some sleep.
7. The modern man buys only regular colas, like Coke or Dr Pepper. If you walk into his house looking for a diet drink, he’ll show you the door.
8. The modern man uses the proper names for things. For example, he’ll say “magazine,” not “clip” like some gauche simpleton.
9. Having a daughter makes the modern man more of a complete person. He lets her play with a machete.
10. The modern man lets someone else do the dishes. He cooks. Fair is fair.
11. “The modern man has never “pinned” a tweet, and he never will.” *I’m not even sure what this means.
12. The modern man gives himself a proper wet shave with soap and a blade before jumping in for a wash.
13. The modern man listens to all kinds of music.
14. The modern man remembers what he needs to buy from the grocery store. The market is no place for his face to be buried in a grocery list, devoid of situational awareness.
15. The modern man has hard floors. His children can detect his mood from the stamp of his cowboy boots.
16. The modern man lies on the side of the bed closer to the wall because the side closer to the door is also closer to the bathroom. Besides, if an intruder gets in, his wife has her own shotgun on her side.
17. The modern man has tools for all kinds of occasions. Especially for food preparation.
18. The modern man has several shoehorns so he won’t damage his shoes, if he can find one of them. He also has a boot jack.
19. The modern man does not buy flower arrangements for his wife, who thinks they’re a waste of money. Sometimes, he’ll buy live flowers to plant in the garden though.
20. On occasion, the modern man is the little spoon because laying on that side is more comfortable.
21. The modern man doesn’t scold. His loved ones know when he’s disappointed.
22. The modern man doesn’t take the newspaper. He gets his news online.
23. The modern man has all of Clint Eastwood’s and Bruce Willis’ films on Blu-ray (or whatever the highest quality thing is at the time).
24. The modern man doesn’t get hung up on his phone’s battery percentage. He has an app on his tablet that monitors that.
25. The modern man owns many guns, in an assortment of calibers and guages.
26. The modern man cries a single manly tear on the rare occasion that it is appropriate.
27. People aren’t sure if the modern man is a good dancer or not. They assume that he would gyrate to music as a lad, but he’s got more important things to worry about now that he’s grown. Although he has considered taking ballroom classes with his wife.